The Alton Library constitutes the heart of school’s academic and social life. Through the provision of top-quality print and digital resources, cross-curricular initiatives and marketing events, it supports the college’s students and staff in all of their educational, personal and social needs and activities.
The Alton Library objectives:
* To support and facilitate students and staff of the college in all of their learning needs/activities.
* To help students to develop and broaden their literacy and digital literacy abilities.
* To promote and aid students’ research, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* To stimulate reading and develop a reading culture among the students and college staff.
* To teach students how to find, evaluate, store and use information.
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
8am – 5pm 8am – 5pm 8am – 4pm 8am – 5pm
8am – 4pm
The Alton Library St Vincent’s Castleknock College Castleknock Dublin 15 +353 1 9060762 +353 1 8213051 ext. 227 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alton Library online catalogue:
The Alton Library at St Vincent’s Castleknock College is one of the biggest school libraries in the country. The library provides a comprehensive collection of reference materials, magazines, non-fiction books, classics, an extensive selection of young adult novels, multimedia, revision aids and manga and graphic novels.
All library patrons may avail of the computers with internet access, chess and Scrabble sets, daily newspapers and a leisure reading area.