Please note the following:
- Parents are required to ensure that their son’s dress conforms with the College requirements. Please pay particular attention to the colours specified.
- The Year Head will judge what is the acceptable standard of dress and personal appearance for all occasions. Students may be refused access to class if their uniform does not comply with regulations.
- The College insists that its students look smart so the top shirt button must be closed at all times and the tie must cover the top button and shirts must be tucked in.
- Tracksuit tops or “hoodies” are not allowed to be worn at any time. The College tracksuit top may be worn with the PE uniform.
- Students must wear the College winter jacket when going to and from the College premises as they are always ambassadors for the college. ‘Hoodies’ are not permitted to be worn in the College building or on the journey to or from the College, and may be confiscated if a student is found wearing one.
- During term time the College blazer is optional, however, it must be worn when the students represent the College on formal occasions (such as prize-givings or concerts), on away matches and for major liturgical ceremonies in the College such as the Family Mass.
- Efforts are made to keep the cost of the uniform reasonable and there is an annual sale in June at the College of clean, second-hand uniform clothes. The proceeds of this sale go to the SVP and the College’s sister college in Ambo, Ethiopia.
- The Lost-and-Found department is often full of unclaimed items of clothing many of which are quite expensive to buy. Parents can help by putting their son’s name on each piece of clothing. When an item of clothing with a name is found the owner will be informed and the item can be claimed at reception.
Castleknock College Uniform List 2021-2022
Crested Navy /Sky Outdoor Jacket (discontinued 50% off)
*** OR ***
Crested Navy Bubble Jacket (XXS & XS jacket will have hood)
|XXS – XL|
Navy Crested Blazer
Navy Crested Pullover
|34 – 44|
Navy Tie with blue stripes
Blue Standard Collar Shirt (2pck)
Grey Youths Trousers
Grey Men’s Trousers
Sky / Navy Stripes
|SPORTS UNIFORM||(Items marked * are required for PE)|
|Crested Rugby Jersey|
|XS – XL|
|Crested Rugby Shorts|
Kiwi Pro Navy
|XS – L|
|Crested Photon Tee*|
|Crested Leisure Shorts*|
|XXS – L|
|Crested Atomic Jacket (Optional)|
Navy (discontinued 50% off)
|XS – XL|
|Quest Crested 1/4 zip jacket*|
|XS – XL|
|Quest Crested tracksuit bottoms*|
|XXS – M|
|M – XL|
|Crested Kit Bag|
All black leather shoes with plain uppers. Boots or shoes with canvas, patent or suede uppers are not permitted. Shoes with white or coloured soles are not permitted.
Sportswear above is supplied by Arnotts. Each boy must also be supplied with sportswear as specified by the College. This includes:
- Rugby gear, including the college rugby jersey, shorts and socks.
- *PE Kit: T-Shirt (crested) and College leisure shorts (navy) (both available from Arnotts). All students must wear the College tracksuit – a Quest crested tracksuit bottoms and ¼ zip crested jacket, sport socks and runners.
Please note it is compulsory to have the following items initialled:
- Coat – Gold initials on RHS (opposite crest), no dot.
- Sports Jacket – White initials above logo, no dot.
- Rugby jersey – Gold initials above Gilbert logo, on blue stripe of jersey, not in between two colours, aligned with logo, and no full stop.
- Kit bags – (on outer flap) – White threading
Our preferred partner for this embroidery is Cleggs, Ratoath – 01 689 6709.
►Items ordered after the 10th of July cannot be guaranteed for September.
►If you require a special outsize of those listed above, please let us know by end of May so we can order this in time for the new school year
►Special orders must be paid for in advance.
►For some special orders it can take up to 4 months for delivery, these include:
- Winter Jackets (3 months)
- Blazers (4 months)
►For all other products we aim to have your special order posted to you within 6 weeks
►Arnotts will also stock a full range of Dubarry, Clarks, Biomechanics and Lurchi schoolshoes.
You can also buy your uniform online at: www.arnotts.ie.
Direct telephone No – 086 031 9303
We encourage customers to contact us via email as your query is recorded and will be dealt with within 24hrs: firstname.lastname@example.org.