The Alton Library
The Alton Library constitutes the heart of school’s academic and social life. Through the provision of top-quality print and digital resources, cross-curricular initiatives and marketing events, it supports the college’s students and staff in all of their educational, personal and social needs and activities.
We help to foster a community of confident and successful students, informed readers and active citizens, in accordance with the college’s mission and ethos statement.
The Alton Library at St Vincent’s Castleknock College is one of the biggest school libraries in the country. The library provides a comprehensive collection of reference materials, magazines, non-fiction books, classics, an extensive selection of young adult novels, self-help books, quick reads and manga and graphic novels. There are two interest clubs run by The Alton Library – the Book & Comics Fan Club and The Film Club.
All library patrons may avail of the computers with internet access and a leisure reading area.
The Alton Library objectives:
- To support and facilitate students and staff of the college in all of their learning & wellbeing needs.
- To help students to develop and broaden their literacy and digital literacy abilities.
- To promote and aid students’ research, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- To stimulate reading and develop a reading culture among the students and college staff.
- To teach students how to find, evaluate, store and use information.
Monday: 0800 – 1700
Tuesday: 0800 – 1700
Wednesday: 0800 – 1600
Thursday: 0800 – 1700 Friday: 0800 – 1600
You can contact the Alton Library by:
Search the Alton Library online catalogue: