The ICT Department – Mission Statement
The ICT Department has two distinct functions within the College:
(1) To provide a single point-of-contact for all ICT related support, advice, assistance and planning to assist with delivering the best Teaching & Learning Experience
(2) To provision, support and maintain a robust, resilient and secure ICT infrastructure for the College.
The ICT Department – Objectives:
- To support all students and staff in all of their teaching and learning needs and activities
- To provide advice on all aspects of hardware and software within the classroom environment
- To promote ICT as a tool for learning and research in today’s modern digital world
- To ensure a safe and positive use of ICT throughout the College.
ICT within St. Vincent’s Castleknock College
The College has an extensive and ever-growing ICT environment in-place. We have two fully equipped computer labs, two trolleys of laptops for use in the classroom, as well as additional shared computing facilities in the library and an extensive high speed WiFi network throughout the grounds. The majority of our classrooms have both projectors and sound installed.
All internet access within the College, both in the computer labs and via the WiFi, is filtered in accordance with the PDST Broadband for Schools programme to ensure a safe and age-appropriate browsing experience at all times.
The College issues all students and staff with their own computer logon account and Office365 account on their first day. This provides access to all computing resources within the College, a College e-mail account, 1TB of OneDrive cloud based storage and access to the Microsoft Office ProPlus suite of software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access and OneNote) which can be installed on up to 5 personal devices at home.
The ICT Department operates an open door policy and is located on the first floor in Room 1-22. It is open daily, year-round, from 8AM to 4PM. Feel free to drop in with any questions or queries you may have.
You can contact the ICT Department by:
- Visiting: Room 1-22
- Phone: 01 821 3051 / 01 906 0796
- E-mail: email@example.com