Oct 06 Law Society of Ireland Essay Competition
The Law Society invites Transition Year (TY) students from across the country to enter this year’s Gráinne O’Neill Memorial Legal Essay Competition.
The competition calls for TY students to submit a 1,500-word digital essay on this year’s chosen topic by 1 December 2022.
This year’s essay title is: “The law and social media: striking a balance between freedom of expression and responsible usage.”
- All essays must be submitted in by Thursday 1 December 2022.
- Essays must be a maximum of 1,500 and must be submitted digitally.
- Essays may be submitted in either English or Irish.
- A national event final will take place at the Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place in March 2023.
- For more information on how Transition Year students and schools can enter, please see: Essay Competition or email EssayCompetition@LawSociety.ie