A Core-group exists for each year group in the college.
These are representative groups of parents which meet regularly. They provide a forum to facilitate communication between parents and staff, so that all can work to improve the experience each student has in the college.
The representatives for 2011/12 are shown here
|1st Year||Fiona Woodyatt|
|2nd Year||Francis McGeough|
|3rd Year||Declan McCarthy|
|4th Year||Lorcan Power|
|5th Year||Eileen Foley|
|6th Year||Shay Farrell|
Each can be contaced at: email@example.com
The Role of the Core Group is:
- To provide effective 2-way communication betwen the College and parents
- To provide a delegate to represent the year on the Parents Representative Association
- To be a forum to volunteer and assist in the running of College events/activities
- To facilitate Parents within their year to interact, network and share information
Further information about Core Groups can be viewed in the ‘Building Parent – College Partnerships’ booklet on the college website.
Parents Representative Association
The Role of the Parents Representative Association is:
- To facilitate the interaction of Core Groups across the college & to allow them to share and benefit from their experiences
- To provide the college with a cohesive parent feedback from across all years
- To be an effective and supportive 2 way communication process from the College to the parents and vice versa
- Based on the 2 way communication, co-ordinate/organise beneficial activities through the PRA /Core Groups, particularly those common across all years
Further information about the Parents Representative Association can be viewed in the ‘Building Parent – College Partnerships’ booklet on the college website.
The chairperson of the Parents Representative Association for 2010/2012 is Mary McGoldrick and she can be contacted by email through the college office at firstname.lastname@example.org.