The student council was founded in order to give an effective and united system of student representation within the college and to give all students the opportunity to make a difference and improve their school. The council itself is established under Section 27 of the Education Act and is under the direction of the Castleknock College Board of Governors.
Our main objectives are:
- To act as a means of communication between the student body and the staff of the college.
- To have a real input into decisions being made regarding the college and its students.
- To further improve the college as a whole, making it a better place for both students and staff.
- To provide an environment whereby a student can raise any issue in a non-judgemental and free manner with any member of the council.
- To inform all students of its activities and those of the college.
- To lobby the students and the administration of the college.
- To abide by the European Students Rights Charter and the Castleknock College Constitution.
Meetings of the student council are regularly held, usually during lunchtime and these give the members of the council the opportunity to raise any concerns or ideas regarding issues within the college.
Student Council Officers 2012-13
Tadhg Hanlon (President)
Darragh Scanlon (Vice-President)
Cian McGoldrick (Secretary)
Student Council Officers 2013-14
to be announced